Friday, January 29, 2010

Tales of the Traveling Tourbook

I have to confess that I did a bad thing...a very very bad thing. I listened to my husband. You'll see where this has gotten me.

Two weeks ago I had paid my monthly American Express bill and I noticed that all the while I'd been accumulating points with my card that I'd done nothing with. I looked to see just what goodies I could get, if any. I was hoping for an upgrade to First Class on my plane tickets (Yeah, right! If only I had a million points to spare. LOL!). Anyhow, I realized that I had just enough to order a tour book on Ireland. I thought it would be fun to read up on some of the places I'm planning to visit in April and maybe find a few new ones as well. I went ahead and placed the order.

**Here's where things went wrong.*** Phil had mentioned to me that he had seen on the news that a lot of people in Contra Costa County had packages stolen from their doorsteps around Christmas time. He thought the smart thing for me to do would be to have the book delivered to my work address. Fair enough. I did just that. A couple days later I received a notice that the package should be delivered in about 7-9 business days and I was given a tracking number. Ok, everything seemed fine.

Wednesday this week, I decided to check the tracking online, since I had not gotten my book yet. The tracking showed an attempt had been made to deliver the package on Tuesday, but the address was undeliverable. I double checked and realized that the address was correct, but the suite number for the office had been left off. I contacted the post office and asked if a 2nd attempt could be made with the provided suite number. I was told that I would receive an email in a day or two from the postmaster confirming redelivery.

I checked today, and the package is on its way back to the shipper. I never received any email from the post office at all. The book is currently in some place called Bell, California. I'm most likely going to have to contact the shipper and have them resend the package again. I'm guessing they'll probably make me pay for the 2nd shipping attempt.

A tour book should not be the one taking a trip! This book is doing more traveling than me!

2 comments:

  1. So, what happened with the book? Did you ever get it? Did you have to repay shipping?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally got a response back from the shipper. They said that the book had been returned and my money would be refunded. They did reimburse me. I haven't reordered. I think I may try again with Amazon. I've ordered through them a bunch of times before and never had a problem. I should have stuck with them.

    ReplyDelete