Thursday, January 7, 2010

Shaken, Not Stirred

I haven't posted anything in a few days, because really there hasn't been much to talk about. We did have a little excitement this morning though. We had a 4.1 earthquake around 10am. It was centered near Milpitas. I was sitting at my desk at work and felt one pretty hard jolt. Then it seemed to be over as fast as it had started. I could see the blinds moving back and forth on the window in front of me. I don't recall anything falling. I keep expecting to feel aftershocks, but so far there's been nothing.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before or not, but Phil's company will be moving in February or March. The Concord and San Jose shops will be consolidating. They will be moving into one big warehouse in Dublin (Dublin, California that is). Phil's commute will go from about 3 minutes to 20 or so. I guess that's still not bad.

So far, I'm still at the same place on Burnett. There's only about ten of us now, so it's kind of scary. I keep thinking that sooner or later they'll close our department. I just take it day by day. Lately work has at least been steady, so that's a plus.

Well nothing left to say but happy 16th birthday to Alexander and have a good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment