Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to the Grind

Well, I made it through a day back to work. It actually was pretty nice and quiet. Kathy was out, which made it nice. You don't know how much I begin to cringe when I hear her coming up behind me saying, "Yo!". First of all, that's not my name. Secondly, I know that it's just her way of starting to tell me that something, no, make that EVERYTHING that I just did is wrong. I'm grateful to have someone proofread my work, but picking out every little petty detail is not only annoying but time consuming as well. For example, does it really matter if I spelled Michael DeVall's last name as Devall without capitalizing the V? His name was spelled in all caps on the deed, so how would I know if the V should really be capitalized or not? Kathy said it's standard spelling. Uh, yeah, ok and we know how standard people's names are spelled especially nowdays. I've seen the name Derick spelled "Derick", "Derek", "Derich", and "Derik." You get the picture. Enough rambling about that!

Baby fish has survived another day. I wonder if we should name it. I have no clue if it's a boy or a girl. I'm still surprised that Phil spotted the little thing. It's the size of a crumb. When Phil fed the fish tonight, he advised that the baby fish not only was eating but pooping too. Well...I guess that's good.

Speaking of animals, I read an article in the paper today that said that parts of Contra Costa county are going to now have posts installed as roosts for raptors. This is being done to encourage the local birds of prey to feed on an over-population of ground squirrels that are invading people's homes. It sounds like a good alternative. I know they've tried poisoning the squirrels in the past, but that didn't seem to work well. There were a lot of fears of pets being poisoned as well, though I don't think any actually were.

I'm hoping I sleep well tonight. I'm still kind of shaken over a weird nightmare I had over the weekend. I dreamt I was in a hospital with headless people. Where their necks should be, they had plastic tubes. It was freaky! If it was supposed to mean something, I'm not sure I want to know what.

No comments:

Post a Comment